You may have noticed that I haven't been my normal enthusiastic blogging-six-times-a day self lately. There are many good reasons for that including:
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2010 registration has launched and I'm busy making sure things run smoothly and everyone's questions are answered!
- I had jury duty and yes, folks, I've been put on a trial. Will report more later.
- I'm very busy with work actually and in the beginning stages of many projects which requires intensive research and planning.
- I have two other blogging related projects that I'm working on quite a bit...I'm very much in love with both of these ideas but they are a lot of work
- Whenever I'm not doing one of the above, I seem to be sleeping. I'm not kidding, my eyes can't seem to stay open, and it's really rather pathetic. I still hope to squeeze a few hours into the Bloggiesta this weekend as I have many little tasks that need to be accomplished, but we'll see.
- The sad thing about all of this is that I'm finding it next to impossible to read. My mind is constantly buzzing with all that I need to get done and when I do try to read, I am only able to concentrate for short periods of time. In that regard, jury duty has been quite good--all those court breaks give me reading time!
I have several books waiting to be reviewed which include This Gorgeous Game by Donna Freitas and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. I absolutely loved Linger, not least because it was the first time in ages I could ignore the world and lose myself in a book.
I did take some fun time out Saturday to go to the Scholastic Warehouse sale with my mother. This is something we do together at least once a year...she gets books for her classroom and I get books for myself!
I was really super proud of myself for getting just a few books this time...I even put several back. You can see what I got below, it's just a picture taken on my BlackBerry since I can't be bothered with my other camera...sorry!
In other news, Comic-Con 2010 is coming fast! I plan to be there again and am curious as how many other bookish folk will be there. I've already been doing my little investigations to find out as much of the schedule as I can...for example, I know which TV shows are going to be there. As uncool as it makes me sound, this is the biggest draw of Comic-Con (apart from the wonderful atmosphere) for me. But I also really enjoy the speculative fiction bookish panels and so I asked on Twitter if anyone knew what would be happening. (Comic-Con doesn't release the official schedule until like 2 weeks before) I'm delighted that the fabulous Cindy Pon will be moderating a panel with..get this, Christopher Pike!!! And others. Very excited for this one!
If you consider yourself a bookish person, i.e. you are a book blogger or you are a person going to Comic-Con for book related reasons, I would LOVE for you to fill out this little form. If possible, I'd love to meet up with you!
That's it for today folks! I hope to get see some of you around a little later for Bloggiesta!
What are your plans for the day? Do they include reading?