I've decided to add this challenge to the others I'm doing because it seems doable. But the Spring Reading Thing, of course, I'm actually way behind on. The idea of this challenge is to read 10 books of the list of 1,001 books to read before you die list.
Anyway, I want to be well read and I'm hoping this will help me focus. :)
1) Villette by Charlotte Bronte--a book that has been in my TBR pile since high school.
2) Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flannery O'Connor because I've never read anything by her but always heard such great things.
3) The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne. (cross challenged with SRT)
4) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
5) England Made Me by Graham Greene
6) Saturday by Ian McEwan--everyone raves about him so I should go ahead and read something he's written.
7) Life of Pi by Yann Martel--I know I know, I haven't read it yet (already in my TBR pile)
8) The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (already in my TBR pile)
9) A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (already in my TBR pile)
10) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee -- I'm really embarrassed to have never read this, so time to put that behind me!